cursor


Got My Cursor @ 123Cursors.com

hit counter

Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Gardening







Ok I myself am a avid gardener. It is something I enjoy. To think that something so small as a grain of sand can grow into an immaculate and colorful flower. When I traveled to Monticello I took the garden tour. I could spend my life there in that garden smelling the flowers. It was my favorite part of Monticello and I wish I could go back. There was a small flower shop where you could buy seeds or small plants grown there at Monticello. So I bought a couple of seeds one of which was called a Cardoon the other was Cockscomb. Both of which I saw in the garden tour and loved. The Cockscomb seeds were the size of strawberry seeds. The Cordoon seeds were the size of sunflower seeds. I planted the seeds in early spring and within weeks the seeds were sprouting. I made the mistake of planting the Cardoon to close to my house. About a month or to later the Cardoon plant had grown to 5 feet wide and 5 feet tall. I was shocked. When the flowers bloomed they were three inches in diameter with bright purple bristles. There were always at least twenty five bees around it at any one moument. When winter came I dug the plant up to replant it in another area away from the house. I was astounded when I saw the roots had grown and spread out like fingers after a 100 dollar bill. Even now in the dead of winter the Cardoon is green and growing. Its like my little monster plant and I expect it to grow 6 feet tall this year.

1 comment: