cursor


Got My Cursor @ 123Cursors.com

hit counter

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Digging in my yard.




Have you ever dug around in the dirt in your yard? Were you planting plants or making mud pies? Did you ever find anything other than dirt and worms? Well when I was younger I liked to dig in my yard and I would find many pieces of glass and nails. Once I found an old shoe with small nails in the sole. So when I grew older I began to dig more and more and within the past 5 years I have unearthed hundreds of artifacts. My favorite thing I have dug up is a Poison Bottle. I did some research and found out the poison bottle is from 1890 through 1900. It was made by the Sharp and Dhome Company in Maryland. I love this because it has such an amazing history and to think I dug it up in my backyard. Other things I have found are vintage marbles. The marbles are all kind of colors, my favorite is a orange, red, and white one. I found 4 railroad spikes and about 1,000 nails from different ages and different sizes. Lots of pottery shards have been found including plates and some type of gravy purer with a strawberry pattern. The strangest things I have found include bones (mostly steak or cow ), shoes, a spoon, a pair of scissors, and what might be a really old toothbrush. Just goes to show what you can find if you do a little bit of digging.

No comments:

Post a Comment